Went out to the lease to put up the two new Stealth Cameras I received from Stealth Cam (THANK YOU!). Found 2 good spots I thought would be good.
Polaris®, the worldwide leader in off-road vehicles, announces several new 2018 models, and an industry first and exclusive suspension technology that will revolutionize the off-road riding experience. Polaris Off-Road Vehicles continue to lead the industry in innovation, bringing intuitive, rider-centric solutions to customers.
- Polaris RANGER®, the industry’s No.1-selling utility side-by-side (SxS) lineup, introduces the all-new, flagship RANGER XP 1000. The newest RANGER has more than 100 owner-inspired innovations, making it the hardest working, smoothest riding RANGER ever made. Features include an industry-leading 82-horsepower ProStar®1000 engine, one-piece chassis, an even smoother ride, top-notch fit and finish, and a completely redesigned interior and exterior. The all-new RANGER XP 1000 is More Rugged. More Refined. More RANGER.
- Polaris RZR®, the No. 1-selling recreational SxS, known for delivering the ultimate combination of power, suspension and agility, introduces an industry-first innovation – RZR DYNAMIX™ Active Suspension. Available exclusively on the RZR XP Turbo DYNAMIX Edition, DYNAMIX is the world’s first intelligent off-road suspension system designed to eliminate compromise and deliver the best ride at every moment. With more than 200 inputs received every second, DYNAMIX is the only suspension that continuously tunes on the fly. Seamlessly integrated into the RIDE COMMAND® system, DYNAMIX also comes standard with a front camera and simple-touch controls. RZR DYNAMIX – the future of ride and handling is here.
- Polaris GENERAL® is the best-selling crossover utility vehicle (UTV) on the market. New for Model Year 2018, Polaris has given the GENERAL more durability, more performance and more models to choose from including a military-inspired, limited-edition vehicle, and new, adjustable FOX® Podium X 2.0 QS3 Shocks on the Polaris GENERAL 4 1000 EPS.
- Polaris Sportsman®, the No. 1-selling brand of automatic 4×4 ATVs, delivers several improvements – driven by customer and dealer input – across its Rec/Utility line so owners get the performance they expect and the dependability they count on. Improvements include a more-durable driveline, new side panels for a more-comfortable and cooler ride, and a better display.
- Polaris ACE® continues to bring the revolutionary, single-seat experience to riders by offering several vehicles, based on customer feedback, that cater to everyone from first-time users to adrenaline junkies. New for 2018, the ACE 570 EPS has several upgrades including a Dual A-arm suspension, quarter doors, integrated storage, and front and rear mud guards. The lineup includes the ACE 500, ACE 570 EPS and ACE 900 XC.
- Polaris is the leader in youth vehicles. For 2018, the youth off-road vehicle lineup is comprised of four models based on the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America’s (SVIA) ATV categories, including the Phoenix™ 200, Outlaw® and Sportsman 110 EFI, and Outlaw 50. Polaris will also offer the RZR 170 EFI and ACE 150 EFI as youth sit-in models.
Parts, Garments & Accessories
- Polaris Engineered Accessories™ further enhances its already expansive accessory offering for more customization options across the brands.
Polaris continues to be No. 1 in powersports for a reason. More information about Polaris’ Off-Road Vehicles and Polaris Engineered Accessories can be found online at www.Polaris.com.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot®moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
The unit actually contains two cameras – one optimized for daylight, the second for night. Lightsout indicates invisible infrared LED flash.
This camera disappears on a tree trunk. The small size along with the “TRUBARK HD” color and texture are a welcome change from the old shiny plastic box design of the past. Continue reading Wildgame Innovations Silent CRUSH 20 Lightsout Trail Camera
We have been running our 2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Hunter Edition for several months now and remain impressed with its power, ride, and capability. The ProStar engine produces a strong 80hp and 61 lb-ft of torque which translates into real world performance. Everyone who drives it remarks on how fast and powerful it is. While cruising along a dirt road at 20mph it will snap your head back if you floor the accelerator pedal!
Continue reading 2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Long-Term Test Drive
I have always been a big fan of All Seasons feeders but decided to purchase the Lamco Feeders UTV Road Feeder to run on the back of my Polaris Ranger. I have seen Lamco Feeders in the field and knew they are a quality build. The primary advantage of the Lamco is that it is purpose-built to mount on the back of a side-by-side. The feeder fits into the receiver hitch of your Mule or Ranger as you would expect but the clever guys at Lamco designed a raised extension tube that extends behind the bed and below the tailgate.
I’ve always been the kind of guy who looks at camouflage clothing as not always necessary. Growing up in Texas and as a rifle hunter I often find myself putting on a camo jacket or shirt and some bluejeans and call it good. In a lot of instances that has worked well and nothing more was needed. When hunting outside the stand however, it is a necessity that I have never spent real money on. I’ve always been a guy that went to the big box store and bought the cheapest clothing only to have it be done in a single hard season. For very cold weather, I have a tan set of coveralls that were made by Walls back in the late 90’s. They have been my go to cold weather friends since I got them after high school. When I discovered Walls acquired the 10X brand of camo clothing, I took a closer look. Continue reading 10X brand camo clothing sets the bar extra high
I have been using a silencer to hunt for the past 8 or so years. I made the decision that I would never hunt without a can so long as I have one and it is legal to do so. One of the things that a can does that is annoying, is it adds weight and length to a rifle, especially gas guns. I have been searching for a lightweight bolt gun that did not break the bank and shoots well for some time now. I was searching new rifles when I came across the Ruger American series and noticed that the Predator line comes pre-threaded. I have access to some pretty spendy guns, but most of them are pretty heavy, and those that are not are not yet threaded for a can. I decided to pick up a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor to match the build up I am doing on a Ruger Precision Rifle with the same chamber.
When hunting, an often overlooked detail is the overall comfort of your footwear. As hunters, we don’t mind roughing it and being miserable to find our quarry. But for the sake of your physical well being, a quality set of boots can mean the difference between filling your tag or going home early with an injury.
Earlier this year I realized I was going to hunt in Montana for Mule Deer and Colorado for Elk. This combined with a lot of time in South Texas looking for Deer and pigs along with a little time in West Texas hunting for Predators. I knew I needed a new set of boots to hike all over the mountains and in all conditions.
The Sunjack Portable Solar Charger has found a permanent place in my bug-out bag. Living on the Gulf Coast means always being prepared for a hurricane and it is not uncommon to be without power for days, or even weeks, following a storm. The Sunjack Portable Solar Charger provides a means to harness the power of the sun to recharge cell phones, iPads, cameras, and other essentials. Continue reading Sunjack Portable Solar Charger Review
The new 2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 is the most powerful Side-by-Side available today. The 999cc twin-cylinder ProStar engine delivers 80 horsepower and 61 lb-ft of torque. Texas Outdoors Network has one of the first Ranger XP 1000 vehicles to hit the dirt. Ours is the Hunter Edition (of course!).
Continue reading First Drive: 2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000
Been looking around for a new spinning rod for the coast, going to Port Oconnor/Sea Drift for 3 days next weekend..
Pulled the trigger on a Loomis E6X 7ft Inshore rod and Stradic 3000HG.
The Seek Thermal RevealXR FastFrame is a compact, lightweight thermal imaging solution that first caught my attention at SHOT Show Range Day. I had to wait awhile before the XR version hit the market and the RevealXR FastFrame is their most advanced product. With a MSRP of only $469 how would it stack up against the competition? Continue reading Seek Thermal RevealXR